Welcome to Friday!
I can’t believe another week has passed already – it feels like just the other day I was writing last week’s WIR! The summer sure is going by fast.
This week, I shared my Freshman Year soundtrack, a list of songs that both defined this past school year and also encouraged me. I also participated in the Beautiful People linkup on Wednesday, so be sure to check that out if you’d like some backstory on one of my characters.
As for the rest of the week, it wasn’t so bad! I spent a lot of time playing video games and working on a new journal (more on that soon), but I also got to spend some time with my family. Oh, and for those who are wondering about the things I mentioned last week – yes, I did get my haircut on Tuesday (thank goodness), and my job interview went well on Wednesday! I’ll try to keep you posted about that as the weeks go on.
In terms of everything else I’ve been up to…
Song of the Week
- Memphis May Fire released their music video for “Sever the Ties,” which features footage from their March of Madness tour! Though you can’t tell in the video, I know it includes some clips from the show I was at, which is pretty cool!
- “happiness is…” by Melanie Anne Ahren was another great video I saw this week. I’ve been following her channel for a while, and I really like her style, so definitely check it out.
- Miranda Kulig at Dreams and Dandelions wrote about not pushing yourself too hard with your writing, which I thought was interesting. Often as writers, we’re told to “push past” whatever blocks we’re having, but sometimes, that isn’t the best advice.
- I also enjoyed Nate Philbrick’s post about the mistakes he made when self-publishing the first time. I’m going to hold onto that for future reference.
- Finally, I read Hannah Heath’s blog post on 10 Points to Think About when World-Building.
Reading… Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld. It’s a graphic novel by one of my favorite authors (I love his Uglies and Leviathan series), and though I wasn’t originally planning to pick it up, I found it at the library and thought I’d give it a try!
Working on… A new Bullet Journal! Although I didn’t fill up my old one, I really wanted to get a sturdier notebook, so I bought one earlier this week. I transferred some of my old pages to the new book using scotch tape, glue runners, and a lot of patience, but now it’s all back together! I can’t wait to start filling the new pages.
Playing… The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! Last Friday, I got a Nintendo Switch as a late birthday gift! It was hard to hunt down, but I fount one and was able to use my own money to get a case, pro controller, and BOTW. So basically, that’s what I’ve been doing with most of my free time. I gotta say, this is becoming one of my favorite Zelda games. it mixes my favorite elements from previous games, like all of the exploration in The Wind Waker (that was a huge ocean), the puzzle-solving, and an art style similar to Skyward Sword.
The storytelling also gets kicked up a notch, featuring cutscenes with voice acting, which doesn’t feel out of place in spite of the fact Link still doesn’t speak (well, it’s mostly okay – I dislike Zelda’s voice, but that’s a minor issue). The weapons, money, and health systems are completely different, but the game still stays true to the core of the series. It’s completely new, but still the Zelda I know and love. If you can, this one is definitely worth playing.
Looking forward to… a wedding this weekend, and hopefully some more time to chill out and work on the projects I enjoy.
Thankful for… my new buttons, breakfast with my brother, cozy rainy days, my new journal, German shepherd puppies, and my family.
I’d love to hear about your week too! Have you been reading anything exciting, or doing any interesting things? Feel free to share in the comments!
Until next time!